Pages

Friday, December 30, 2011

Notes on the Coming of Another Year and the Not-So-Great-Depression of the Nouveau Poor


The Ansonia
All I can say about this is that I'm glad I'm not the only one. For all my positive thinking, there just come days when it doesn't work. Days where the math doesn't work. How is it that the most successful country in the world can have the highest number of unemployed people in its history and a housing crisis that creates a homeless crisis? How is it that we have yet to put a banker in jail over what was arguably the biggest bank robbery in history? And how is it that we are woefully inept at even treating the symptoms of what has become a gross inequality (1% vs 99%). And how again is it that I find myself at the crux of these issues when a great deal of people are doing just fine? That is where my life with OWS, as opposed to government programs, takes shape. That is where I feel that illuminating my personal story can have some positive effect. That is where I feel sometimes that just writing things down can be a way to begin solving them.

 A Story With No Ending? 

Nothing will depress you more than being compared to or described as or referred to another person who is in your same predicament.(Continued...)

This blog. aHBiNYC is now available as an eBook. It covers the writer's homeless experiences in New York City from September 11, 2011 through January 2013 in 245 pages and 50 chapters. To order simply use the PayPal button in the sidebar, send $10, and include your email address in the PayPal memo form. Thank you.



2 comments:

  1. Was homeless for a while. Lived in my car. Couch surfed, though they didn't call it that at the time. It was the last big recession, 1992. It was not this bad, but bad enough. I married. Had kids. Am not in great shape but have a roof. You can climb out of this.

    Look for a credit union. F the banks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My names joey iam from regina saskatchewan a first nations guy having also a hard time trying to figure out things was homeless for quite a while stayed at the local city detox nightly stayed mosstly here an there at freinds also got coz to give me her little apart iam not commforatable neighbors unsure I really hate living by them too rouddy they make me feel very uneasy allot daily I mostly try to stay away from that apt if I can then I go to the detox to try to sleep anxiety an nerves are bad even once in a while I get harrassed by other street people so I walk around or try to do something till morning.i wish you well sir love reading your posts makes sence iam allways happy to read them as is my freind also is

    ReplyDelete